+62 21 2995 9057
+62 21 2995 9058
Cornel B. Juniarto
Senior Partner, Jakarta
Cornel B. Juniarto is a senior partner at Hermawan Juniarto where he leads the dispute practice group. He regularly advises clients on general corporate law regulatory issues. He has worked on numerous corporate commercial transactions involving both domestic and international clients. Cornel has strong experience in M&A and corporate/commercial related matters. In the capital markets sector, he has extensive experience in various capital markets transactions, including rights issue and initial public offerings, as well as acquisition of public company, particularly mandatory tender offers.
Cornel was the youngest Receiver when he passed the exam in 2000 at the age of 29. He has also advised various companies on the debt settlement of insolvent companies, either during formal insolvency proceedings or through out-of-court proceedings.
Cornel is contributor to various publications on foreign investment and corporate/commercial matters and also actively involved in promoting the development of best practices of labour outsourcing in various seminars and international publications. He is the author of Indonesia chapter in the International Labour and Employment Laws (fourth edition) and Workplace Data Law and Litigation, both published by Bloomberg BNA. He is also a contributor to the publication of Construction Dispute published by International Finance Law Review (IFLR), Indonesian Corporate Governance Manual published by International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Indonesia Financial Services Authority. Currently, IFC and HJ offer corporate governance advisory service to wide range of companies in cross sector business.
Bar and Courts:
- Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI)
- Receiver and Administrator registered with the Department of Legal and Human Rights under No. AHU.AH.04.03-117, since 2000
- International Bar Association Membership No. 1051467
- Capital Market Legal Consultant registered with the Authority Financial Services under No. 13/PM.2.5/STTD-KH/2013
- Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN), Deputy Chairman of Permanent Committee on Regional Investment Promotion
- Lecturer at University of Tarumanagara
- Alumni Association of National Resilience Institute of Republic of Indonesia (LEMHANNAS RI), Regular Education Program Class of 53 (2015).
- advising PT Anabatic Technologies, Tbk on IDR262 billion Initial Public Offering;
- advising PT Bank Mayapada Internasional Tbk on IDR650 billion Right Issue;
- advising PT Bank Mayapada Internasional Tbk on IDR500 billion Right Issue and on IDR700 billion Bond Issue;
- advising on an IDR107 billion rights issue of PT Asuransi Bina Dana Arta Tbk, a public listed company engaged in insurance business;
- advising Asian Utilities Pte Ltd during the legal due diligence process on several Indonesian subsidiaries of Asian Utilities Pte. Ltd in Indonesia in relation to the proposed right issue of the company in Malaysia Stock Exchange;
- advising Eagle High Consumer Products Pte. Ltd., a company affiliated with Rajawali Corporation, in relation to the sale and purchase of shares in PT Bentoel International Investama Tbk;
- advising on IDR103 billion rights issue of PT Hotel Mandarine Regency Tbk;
- advising PT Bank Mayapada Internasional Tbk on IDR300 billion Right Issue and on IDR700 billion Bond Issue;
- advising PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero) on the proposed IDR1trilion Bond Issue;
- advising PT Intisentosa Alambahtera on all related legal aspects arising from the acquisition of PT Intisentosa Alambahtera by Louis Dreyfus Commodities;
- advising PT Maritim Timur Jaya, a giant fishery company located in Tual, Maluku which is a member of the Artha Graha Group of Companies (AG Group), on arranging and entering a cooperation agreement with a number of foreign maritime companies in Thailand and China;
- advising the AG Group and Sampoerna Investment Limited on arranging and establishing a joint venture between AG Group and a group of companies owned by the Chinese government in Guangzhou, China;
- advising PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk on the share acquisition of PT Sarana Karya (Persero);
- advising PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk on the transactions with the affiliated companies that would potentially be considered as material transaction under the Capital Market Regulations;
- advising Capital Advisors Partners Asia Pte Ltd on the applicable laws and regulations relevant to the electricity business and conducting legal due diligence on PT Navigat Energy and its subsidiaries in relation to proposed acquisition of Navigat Energy Pte Ltd by Capital Advisors Partners Asia Pte Ltd;
- advising PT Krakatau Industrial Estate Cilegon (“KIEC”) on the establishment of PT Krakatau Posco Chemtech Calcination (“PT KPCC”), a joint venture company established by KIEC and Posco Chemtech under which KIEC holds 30% of PT KPCC shares, while Posco Chemtechhas 70% of PT KPCC shares;
- advising International Finance Corporation (The World Bank Group) on the proposed publication of Corporate Governance Manual in Indonesia;
- advising PT Industrial Estate Cilegon and PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk on the entry into of the Agreement on the Delivery of the Use of Industrial Land in the Industrial Estate Cilegon that entered into between KIEC and PT Krakatau Nippon Steel Sumikin;
- acting as Administrator in the Court sanctioned restructuring of PT Toba Pulp Lestari Tbk;
- acting as Administrator in the Court sanctioned restructuring of PT Great River International Tbk;
- acting as Liquidator in the liquidation of PT Asean Aceh Fertilizer (AAF), a regional joint venture company under which Indonesia, through PT. Pupuk Sriwijaya (PUSRI) holds 60% of AAF shares, while Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand each have a 13% stake, and Singapore has 1% equity through Temasek Holdings Pte;
- acting as Liquidator in the liquidation of PT WIKA NGK INSULATORS (WING), a joint venture company owned by Sumitomo Corporation (Sumitomo), NGK Insulators and PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk;
- advising on an industrial zone expansion for PT Krakatau Industrial Estate Cilegon, a subsidiary of PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk;
- advising Meriton Resources Limited in connection with the acquisition of several plot of lands in Bali;
- advising PT Krakatau Steel (Persero) Tbk and PT Krakatau Industrial Estate Cilegon on the proposed land acquisition of approximately 500 Ha;
- advising PT Multimedia Nusantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia, Tbk on the transfer of all its employees to a designated affiliated company during the spin-off process;
- advising PT Alstom Transport Indonesia on termination of employment relationship of certain key executives;
- NGK Insulators and PT Wijaya Karya (Persero) Tbk on termination of employment relationship;
- advising PT Asialink Cargo Express, an Indonesia cargo airlines on termination of employment relationship of its pilots;
- advising Volex Plc on termination of employment relationship of certain key executives;
- advising PT Telekomunikasi Selular in connection with the proposed early retirement program;
- advising PT BNI Securities on the spinoff of its investment management division;
- advising PT Kartika Airlines in the sale and purchase of aircrafts and engines, and in the leasing of aircraft engines, including the US$840 million purchase of 30 units of Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft;
- advising Grassroots Business Fund in connection with proposed micro-financing in Indonesia;
- advising Aseana Partners Pte Ltd in connection with the proposed establishment of Indonesian subsidiary;
- advising JLG Industries Inc in connection with the appointment of local distributor in Indonesia;
- advising Loesche GmBh in connection with the proposed establishment of Indonesian subsidiary;
- advising Mercuria Energy Group Ltd in connection with the proposed acquisition transaction in Indonesia;
- advising Polaris Software Lab Pte Limited, a global leader in financial technology for banking, insurance and financial services on various corporate and commercial matters in Indonesia;
- advising International Finance Corporation on the proposed equity investment in an Indonesian holding company;
- advising Petrofac International Limited on the proposed establishment of representative office in Indonesia;
- advising Volex Plc on the proposed liquidation process of PT Volex Batam Indah;
- advising Grassroots Business Funds on the proposed mezzanie financing to certain Indonesian companies;
- advising PT Computrade Technology Indonesia on the proposed investigation in relation to the Foreign Corrupt Practice Act compliance;
- advising PT Bestindo Energy on the proposed acquisition of certain mining facilities;
- advising PT Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk on the establishment of a joint venture company (“JV Co”) that will be owned by the company, PT Pembangunan Perumahan (Persero) Tbk and PT Pelabuhan Indonesia I (Persero), where the JV Co will be responsible for the construction of liquid bulk terminal in Kuala Tanjung;
- advising PT Krakatau Industrial Estate Cilegon on the establishment of joint venture company with Golden Lime Plc for the development of lime calcining plant in Cilegon;
- advising Evonik Industries AG on the corporate restructuring of its subsidiaries in Indonesia;
- advising PT Harita Jaya on acquisition of a public listed company;
- advising PT Eratel Media Distrindo on acquisition of a public listed company;
- Hermawan Juniarto, Hogan Lovells (2013) Doing Business in Indonesia. Jakarta: Hogan Lovells.
- International Finance Corporation (2014) The Indonesia Corporate Governance Manual. Jakarta: International Finance Corporation.
- Cornel B. Juniarto (2013) ‘Indonesia’. In: Keller, W. et al. eds. International Labor and Employment Laws. Arlington: Bloomberg BNA.
- Cornel B. Juniarto (2014) ‘Indonesia’. In: Prague, R. et al. eds. Workplace Data: Law and Litigation. Laramie: The American Bar Association.
- Cornel B. Juniarto (2012), New Single Regulator Created To Oversee Financial Services Sector: World Securities Law Report Vol. 18 No. 8 (2012). Bloomberg BNA (available at: http://www.bnai.com/).
- Cornel B. Juniarto (2015) ‘Dispute Resolution Guide 2015’, “Resolving Construction Disputes” in International Financial Law Review, 1 (October 2015).
- Cornel B. Juniarto (2015) ‘Global Bribery and Corruption Task Force’, “Global Bribery and Corruption Review 2015” in Hogan Lovells’s Global Bribery and Corruption Review 2015, 13 (January 2016).
- Prof. Bales, R. and Juniarto, C.B. (2014) ‘Labor Outsourcing in Indonesia’, “A Comparative Analysis of Labor Outsourcing” in Social Science Research Network, 31 (March 2014).
Client Alert Published in the website
- November Financial Sector Assessment Program Implementation in 2016”
- October The BKPM issued a new regulation concerning guideline and procedure in the in-principle license”
- October The Revocation of the Regulation on Special Importer’s Identification Number”
- August Amendment of Permenakertrans 16 of 2015”
- August 2015 “Foreign Workers Employment Procedures”
- July Technology Media Telecommunication (TMT)”
- December 2014 “Indonesia’s New Insurance Law”
- September 2013 “Grandfather Clause on DNI Regulation”
- April 2013 “IBA Conference - Mutual Legal Assistance”
- January 2013 “Extension of Period of Adjustment of Importer Identification Number”
S.H. (1996) University of Indonesia, Depok, Indonesia
Bankruptcy and Court Sanctioned
Corporate and Commercial
Mergers and Acquisitions